Injury Lawyer San Francisco, California
Accidents happen every day; however, when an injury was sustained because of the negligent actions of another party, it may be a good idea to talk with an injury lawyer San Francisco, California residents can count on. Having legal counsel to guide you through the claims process can be invaluable. To learn more, call The Morales Law Firm right away.
How the Morales Law Firm Can Help You
Up to half of all accidents are the result of negligence. When something so unexpected occurs, the results can be disastrous. Apart from the physical pain and emotional distress, the inability to work, as well as costly medical bills can create an enormous amount of confusion and upset. Many people don’t understand their legal options; thus, accept a low ball settlement offer directly from the insurance company. As a leading injury lawyer in San Francisco, CA, we would recommend that you do not accept anything before exploring your legal options.
By retaining a lawyer, you will likely realize that there are ways to recover maximum damages for your losses. Some of the most common damages The Morales Law Firm recovers includes:
- Income: If you have been unable to work because of your injury, compensation for your lost wages may be available. This is often true regardless of whether or not you are paid by the hour or on a salary. Your lawyer will also take into consideration whether you will be unable to work in the future, and if so, included these future losses into the claim.
- Medical Treatment: A personal injury claim will include any related medical costs after the accident, as well as future prospective treatment as recommended by your doctor. In general, treatment will need to be completed, or planned, before you can recover compensation, but you should still contact a lawyer well beforehand.
- Property Damage: If any of your personal effects or property has been damaged by negligence, such as your vehicle, computer, and so forth, an injury lawyer in San Francisco may be able to include it in your claim.
- Pain and Suffering: Any pain, ongoing pain, or suffering that you experienced because of your injury is considered a non-economic loss. Although difficult to put a value on, a good lawyer will assess your pain and help to recover damages that are appropriate.
- Emotional Distress: In serious accidents, or when there are life-threatening injuries or death, emotional distress compensation may be available. This usually covers things like PTSD, depression, anxiety, and any therapy that is needed.
It is certainly possible to recover punitive damages, or wrongful death damages if you are the family member of someone who lost their life. Before you can truly know what damages may be available for you, it is recommended that you call The Morales Law Firm.
If you believe negligence or wrongdoing caused you to be injured, and you are interested in knowing more about what options are available, please call The Morales Law Firm. We would be happy to listen to what happened and explore all of your legal options.
Factors that Must Be Considered in a Personal Injury Case
A San Francisco, California injury lawyer knows that personal injury cases can be complex. There are many legal steps a victim must go through in order to be successful at obtaining a fair and just settlement, even when it may appear obvious that the person alleged to be at fault did behave negligently or recklessly.
There are factors that could significantly hinder a case by questioning the victim’s credibility or even having the case dismissed outright. The following is a brief overview of some of these factors. For more detailed information, call The Morales Law Firm to speak with an injury lawyer in San Francisco, California.
Not Following Your Doctor’s Orders or Showing Up for Appointments
When you are injured in an accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention, even if you do not believe you have been seriously injured. It is not uncommon for injury symptoms to be delayed. Once your injuries have been diagnosed, it is crucial to your case – as well as to your health – that you follow all treatment instructions your doctor gives to you. If you fail to follow instructions or fail to show up for your treatments, all of this will be documented on your medical records, which are used as evidence in your case.
Failing to File Your Claim in a Timely Manner
As a San Francisco, California injury lawyer can explain, the state of California has laws in place which are very specific when it comes to how long a victim has to file a claim against another party. This is legally referred to as the statute of limitations. If you do not file your case before the statute expires, you will have lost your right to pursue damages. Your personal injury lawyer San Francisco, CA provides can determine what the time limit is in your particular case.
Stay Off of Social Media
An injury lawyer in San Francisco, California knows that in today’s world, social media has become an integral part of many people’s every day lives, posting all the things and events that happen to them. A victim’s first reaction may be to post about what happened to them, their injuries, and other issues about the whole experience on their Facebook, Instagram, and other social media accounts, but this is not a good idea at all. The insurance company can use any of those posts against you in order to show that you are not really as injured as you claim to be.
For example, if a victim is unable to work because of their injuries, but posts photos of going to the beach, while that may seem innocent enough and the victim truly is injured and in pain, the other side’s attorney may be able to convince a jury that the photos show the victim is not really injured and is instead having fun and enjoying their “free vacation” from work.
If you have been injured in any kind of accident caused by another party, call The Morales Law Firm to find out how we can help. Call today to schedule a meeting with an injury lawyer San Francisco, California, and learn what your legal options are.
“I have worked with Chris Morales on cases for several years. He is tops, a well versed lawyer who understanding client relations and representation. Simple a top professional, and a great colleague.”