Do You Need A Murder Defense Lawyer In San Francisco, CA?
Facing murder charges in San Francisco can be a truly frightening experience. If you did take the life of someone, you are probably already feeling an overwhelming variety of emotions ranging from guilt to anger to sadness. If you didn’t take the life of someone else, the fact that you are facing murder charges is both scary and confusing.
Either way, you want to have a skilled and experienced murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA by your side.
If you are facing murder charges, the San Francisco criminal law firm of Christopher Morales will fight aggressively to defend your case. After all, a murder conviction can result in many years of incarceration and can make it difficult – if not impossible – for you to find a job once you are released. In addition, if you have children, a murder conviction may make it impossible for you to see your children.
To have the best chance of winning your case, you need a murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA who will…
- Investigate the scene of the arrest thoroughly in search of evidence to use in your defense
- Be honest and forthright with you about your case throughout the entire proceeding
- Work diligently to get your charges reduced or dropped altogether
When you trust Attorney Morales to be your murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA, you will be certain to get the best representation possible. Why trust your case to a San Francisco criminal law firm that does not have the experience and expertise it takes to fight your murder charges effectively? With over 19 years of experience fighting cases, Attorney Morales is the only murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA area you need.
Outstanding Results for Over 25 Years. San Francisco Criminal Defense Firm
If you are ready to talk to a murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA who has the experience, expertise and knowledge you need, contact Christopher Morales today at (415) 552-1215 or fill out his simple online Contact Form for a free, no obligation consultation
Common Murder Defenses
A murder charge is one of the most severe legal charges a person can face. However, that does not mean there are not any options. If you were charged with murder, a murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA can go over the list of possible defenses and provide you with valuable advice.
- Accidental Killing: If a person was killed unintentionally, the individual charged with murder might not get convicted. For example, if a person was driving a car down a residential road and a child unexpectedly ran out in the road and got hit, it could be considered an accidental killing. On the other hand, if the accidental homicide is committed during another crime, such as a robbery, it could be considered first or second degree murder.
- Mistaken Identity: In some murder cases, the suspect is mistaken for somebody else. If this is the case, the defendant may have an alibi, which provides evidence that he or she was somewhere else during the murder.
- Self-Defense: One of the most common defenses used in homicide cases is self-defense. If you killed someone who was using reasonable force against you, your murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA may recommend claiming self-defense. However, the degree of force used has to be proportional to the threat perceived. For example, if a person smacks your arm, it would not be justifiable for you to shoot him or her.
- Defense of Others: Homicide may also be justified if it was used to defend others. You may use reasonable force if you truly believe if another person is in danger. Just like with self-defense, the type of force you use has to be proportional to the threat.
- Insanity: In certain murder cases, a murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA may suggest the insanity defense. The majority of states define insanity as being unable to realize that the act is wrong.
Consequences of Murder Conviction
A murder conviction can carry some very heavy consequences, including:
- Life in prison
- Death penalty
The consequences you face will depend on several factors, such as prior convictions, level of remorse and whether or not the homicide was planned.
Initial Consultation With Your Lawyer
If you are facing murder charges, it is vital to schedule a consultation with a murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA as soon as possible. During your initial consultation, be prepared to answer several questions about your case, such as when you were arrested and whether or not you have previous convictions on your record.
Be sure to answer each question honestly and with as much detail as possible. The more information your murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA knows, the better he or she can help you with your case.
“I have worked with Chris Morales on cases for several years. He is tops, a well versed lawyer who understanding client relations and representation. Simple a top professional, and a great colleague.”