California Board-Certified Criminal Law Specialist
Serving San Francisco & the Bay Area
The Parent’s Guide To Finding A Criminal Defense Lawyer
11 Mistakes to Avoid at the Beginning of your Criminal Case
The Basics of Insider Trading
Criminal Procedure FAQ’s
Video LibraryView All
"Chris followed my case through to the end. He was always professional and responded quickly and thoroughly to all of my questions and concerns."
About Christopher Morales
If you had a serious illness, wouldn’t you want to be treated by a doctor who specialized in that area? Criminal law is serious. Christopher Morales is a certified specialist in criminal law. The State Bar of California questioned judges and lawyers who know Mr. Morales’s work in court and found that he is the best of the best. Christopher Morales, a former champion amateur boxer, uses his experience in the ring to aggressively defend his clients inside the courtroom. Furthermore, Martindale-Hubbell, the oldest and most respected firm that evaluates and rates lawyers found, after questioning judges and lawyers who know Mr. Morales that he has an exemplary reputation and the highest ethical standards. Mr. Morales has been in private practice since 1991 and has successfully defended thousands of clients accused of breaking the law. He practices criminal defense in all counties in California, handling misdemeanors, felonies and juvenile cases. Throughout his years as a criminal defense attorney Mr. Morales has been interviewed numerous times on television while defending high-profile clients and was an expert commentator for Fox News on the Scott Peterson murder trial. He also has been quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle as well as the San Jose Mercury News and other newspapers. Mr. Morales is a native San Franciscan and graduated from U.C. Berkeley and Santa Clara University Law School before starting his private law practice. While in law school, Mr. Morales realized that he had a passion and talent for battling the police and prosecutors in criminal cases. This is the reason why he only handles criminal cases.
At Morales Law Firm, we know how complex the law can be for the average person. Our experienced and talented lawyers genuinely care about helping their clients achieve favorable outcomes. They also take the time to address their clients’ questions and concerns. Here are the areas of law they concentrate on:
- Assault and battery: In an act of physical violence by one person against another, “assault” is usually paired with battery. In an act of physical violence, assault refers to the act which causes the victim to apprehend imminent physical harm, while battery refers to the actual act causing the physical harm
- Drug crimes: We defend clients against drug charges involving the sale, possession or manufacturing of marijuana, cocaine, LSD, ecstasy, heroin, crack and methamphetamines, as well as certain controlled prescription pharmaceuticals such as morphine, codeine, methadone, and others.
- Drunk driving: Driving Under The Influence (DUI), or impaired driving, refers to drinking alcohol and then operating a motor vehicle. Drunk drivers often pay significant fines, lose their license, and face higher insurance costs. Hiring a lawyer like Mr. Morales, who has vast experience with DUI defences, makes a huge difference in the outcome of your case.
- Environmental crimes: Environmental crimes are illegal acts that directly harm the environment. They can cause considerable damage to ecosystems, increasing the risk of disease, environmental disaster, food chain contamination, pollution, wildlife degradation, reduced life expectancy, and increased rates of human morbidity. Hiring a lawyer with a history of trying, and winning, environmental crimes cases makes a real difference in the outcome of your case,
- Expungements: In law, “expungement” is the process by which a record of criminal conviction is destroyed or sealed from state or federal record. An expungement order directs the court to treat the criminal conviction as if it had never occurred, essentially removing it from a defendant’s criminal record as well as, ideally, the public record.
- Murder: A murder charge is one of the most severe legal charges a person can face. However, that does not mean there are not any options. If you were charged with murder, a murder defense lawyer in San Francisco, CA can go over the list of possible defenses and provide you with valuable advice.
- Sex crimes: If you or someone you know has been accused of a sex crime, it is essential to contact an experienced criminal law attorney. You need someone who will be thoroughly committed to fighting as hard as possible to help you clear your name. We welcome the opportunity to talk with you.
- Theft crimes: If you have been accused of a theft crime, Attorney Christopher F. Morales is a Certified Criminal Law Specialist is here to fight for your legal rights. Contact us to schedule an appointment today.
- Three strikes: If you have been charged with a Three Strikes crime, you should contact a lawyer immediately. Request a case review
- White colar crimes: Hiring a lawyer with a history of trying, and winning, white collar cases makes a real difference in the outcome of your case.
If you need assistance with one of these legal matters, schedule a consultation with one of our skilled lawyers today.