Seek One Of San Francisco’s Finest Criminal Defense Law Firms
If you’re in need of a murder lawyer San Francisco CA trusts, contact our top-notch criminal defense firm. Our criminal defense team is comprised of caring, compassionate, and dedicated staff. We tirelessly look at every aspect of your case, to ensure we prepare the best possible defense.
San Francisco criminal law attorneys at The Morales Law Firm fully understand the techniques and tactics used by the prosecution and are prepared to build a solid defense for you.
To have the best chance of winning your case, you need a murder lawyer in San Francisco CA who will…
- Investigate the scene of the arrest thoroughly in search of evidence to use in your defense
- Be honest and forthright with you about your case throughout the entire proceeding
- Work diligently to get your charges reduced or dropped altogether
While murder charges come with harsh penalties regardless of the circumstance, there are certain factors that can make a sentence you face worse.
- If the defendant has more than one murder conviction
- If the murder accompanied another crime such as rape, robbery or arson
- If the victim murdered was a law enforcement officer
- If the murder involved torture
- If the defendant ambushed his or her victim
- If the defendant is a gang member
- If the murder involved any explosive materials
What is the difference between Murder and Manslaughter?
Murder is defined as the unlawful and unjustified killing of another human being with malice aforethought (Penal Code Section 187). “Malice aforethought” is defined as an intention to unlawfully kill a human being. That intention can be either express (such as pulling out a gun and pointing it at a person and pulling the trigger after making a statement that they are going to kill the person) or implied by the actions.
Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice aforethought (Penal Code Section 192 PC). Manslaughter may be voluntary or involuntary. Essentially, the difference between manslaughter and murder is that manslaughter is the result of an accident, heat of passion, or some other act in which the person does not have the mental state to commit a murder.
A murder lawyer’s task is to challenge and dispute the state’s evidence against you so there is reasonable doubt as to your guilt. The Morales Law Firm will use every available legal tool and resource on your behalf.
An aggressive murder lawyer San Francisco CA can present the following defenses in a murder case
- Third Party Culpability
- Battered Person’s Syndrome
- Proximate Cause of Death
- Reasonable Doubt as to the Elements of the Crime
- Heat of Passion
1st Degree Murder – 25 years to Life
2nd Degree Murder – 15 years to Life
Voluntary Manslaughter – 3, 6, 11 years in the State Prison
Involuntary Manslaughter – 2, 3, or 4 years in the State Prison
If you or someone you love is arrested for murder let The Morales Law Firm provide you with competent counsel. Call today at (415) 552-1215 or fill out this simple online Contact Form for a free, no-obligation consultation with a murder lawyer San Francisco CA.