What are Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
When you get into a truck accident, you need the help of a truck accident lawyer in San Francisco, CA from the Morales Law Firm. We know far too well how serious a truck accident can be. When you are the victim in this type of accident you may be experiencing severe injuries that can cause long-term or permanent damage to your health. This kind of accident can be terrifying if you were in a car because of the sheer size and weight difference between a car and a truck. Unfortunately, even if you are a safe driver and follow the rules of the road, you can still get into a truck accident. So, this begs the question: what are common causes of truck accidents? Below, a San Francisco truck accident lawyer discusses some of the most common causes of truck accidents.
4 Common Causes of Truck Accidents
A truck accident lawyer in San Francisco, California will tell you that there are four common reasons that truck accidents occur.
- Maintenance and Training. These make up the performance and the capability for a truck driver to drive safely. First, if they are improperly trained, they will not be able to safely drive a commercial vehicle on public roads with other cars. Because of how inherently dangerous it is to drive these vehicles, they must go through a certain number of hours to learn to safely drive. Further, there are laws on how a truck should be maintained before the driver hits the road. If the truck is not maintained, it can cause accidents even with a well-trained driver.
- Fatigue. A trusted San Francisco, CA truck accident lawyer will tell you that one of the top causes of truck accidents is driver fatigue. Many truck drivers are overworked and must work long hours through the night. To get to their destination on time, driver may take very few stops. Because of this, the driver may accidentally doze off behind the wheel. Additionally, a truck driver will have a longer reaction time if something goes wrong on the road.
- Distracted Driving. Just like other drivers, a San Francisco, CA truck accident lawyer knows that truck drivers get bored on the road. They may want to play with the radio, listen to an audiobook, text, or make a phone call. When this happens, the driver’s reaction time is not quick and they may not see other cars on the road. Taking their eyes off the road for even a few seconds can cause a deadly accident.
- Speeding. As a truck accident lawyer San Francisco, CA noted above, truck drivers are typically on a very tight schedule and must reach their destination in a certain period of time. This is not always easy for the truck driver, and they may feel the need to speed to their destination to meet their deadline.
Getting into a truck accident can be deadly. If you have been the victim of a truck accident, you should seek compensation for your injuries. Reach out to a San Francisco, CA truck accident lawyer from The Morales Law Firm now.
The Impact of a Trucking Accident
There are a variety of ways that a trucking accident can occur, as a result, victims stand to face serious and even life-threatening injuries. Because of this, it may be appropriate for an accident victim, or their family to consider pursuing legal action. This is a primary reason to contact a San Francisco, CA truck accident lawyer as soon as possible so that victims are able to provide themselves with the best opportunity at obtaining compensation for the damages they have suffered.
Types of Trucking Accidents
Large trucks can be seen from coast to coast, playing an essential role in the transport of goods throughout the country. Despite the essential role that large trucks play to the country’s economy, there is tremendous pressure on truck drivers and companies to perform. Our San Francisco, CA truck accident lawyer will tell you that because of this, it’s possible for trucking companies and their drivers to participate in negligent behavior in efforts to transport goods as quickly as possible. As a result, some large trucks can pose a significant risk to others on the road. For many, driving near a truck can bring on a sense of anxiety. At a moments notice, a truck driver’s negligence has the ability to produce results that can be life-altering. Our trucking accident lawyer based in San Francisco, CA shares with you common ways that a trucking accident may occur:
- Poorly Trained Truck Drivers
- Improperly Maintained Trucks
- Driving in Blind Spots
- Inclement Weather Conditions
- Truck Rollovers
- Lost Loads
- Becoming Trapped Under Trucks
- Wide Turns
Managing trucking accidents can be incredibly complicated. You will be required to not only prove negligence, but determine who can be held responsible. A trucking accident lawyer representing San Francisco, CA can help you to determine whether there are multiple parties at fault, and assist you in taking action.
Types of Injuries Trucking Accident Victims Suffer
A trucking accident can be devastating, the sheer size of a large 18 wheeler, even at reduced speeds can have a significant impact should an accident occur. Much of the time, trucking accidents can produce injuries that are far more severe than that of a motor vehicle collision. Our trucking accident lawyer based in San Francisco, CA has experience representing victims who have faced a number of extensive injuries. Common types of injuries may include:
- Neck Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Internal Injuries
Working with a truck accident lawyer from San Francisco, CA can support accident victims and their families in not only valuing their claim, but representing them by negotiating with insurance companies and attorneys to obtain the best possible outcome.
In the wake of a trucking accident, the process of taking legal action can be incredibly overwhelming, especially when recovering from the severe injuries that a trucking accident is likely to produce. Whether you were the victim, or are a grieving family member, the impact is surely to be life-altering. The Morales Law Firm is committed to assisting you in taking legal action to obtain the compensation you deserve. Contact our experienced, compassionate and committed truck accident lawyer that San Francisco, California area accident victims turn to today to schedule your complimentary consultation.