If you have been charged with possession or distribution of child pornography, you should call a child pornography defense lawyer Redwood City, California residents trust from The Morales Law Firm. Our Redwood, CA child pornography defense lawyer has years of experience; thereby, allowing us to build a defense that is strong, logical, and practical in a court of law. Regardless of what your charges might be, we can help you.
Some of our recent cases have involved:
- Possession of nude photos
- Possession of videos depicting minors engaging in a sexual act
- Distribution of nude photos
- Distribution of videos depicting minors engaging in a sexual act
- Viewing child pornography online
- Sharing child pornography online
- Persuading, coercing, or allowing a minor to participate in sexual activity related to the material
- Other related child pornography offenses
In addition to handling child pornography charges, our firm also handles related charges including sexual abuse, indecent exposure, and sexual misconduct. For a consultation with a child pornography lawyer Redwood City CA has to offer, call The Morales Law Firm.
Were Your Intentions Actual?
The charges associated with child pornography will depend on the age of the person in the photo or video. Even if the person in the media footage looks, and says, they are over the age of 18 (or adult consent), you can be charged with child pornography if it turns out they were not of legal age.
The prosecutor must be able to prove that you knew about, and intentionally possessed, the child pornography. It is certainly possible that an internet virus, hidden file, or other form of unknown advanced technology placed the pornography on our computer without you knowing about it.
As a child pornography lawyer Redwood City CA men and women turn to for legal help, we understand what is needed to obtain a conviction. We are able to analyze your case from the perspective of prosecutor and prepare a defense, with challenges, that will assist in showing you in a favorable manner. We are also able to turn to expert witnesses and resources who may be able to help. For example, a forensic analyst may be able to examine your computer to determine whether or not files were hidden or placed onto your computer.
Seek Unbiased, Honest Legal Representation from The Morales Law Firm
If you are facing child pornography charges or are being investigated, you may feel anxious and uncertain about what the future may hold. The penalties for a conviction can be severe, and when you’re in a vulnerable situation like this, a child pornography lawyer Redwood City CA recommends may assist in helping you to resolve your case in the most efficient way possible.
Potential Penalties for Child Pornography Charges
- Very large fines
- Jail or prison sentence
- Permanent criminal record
- Mandatory registration on the sex offender registry
In addition to these penalties you may be:
- Unable to work at certain occupations or facilities
- Unable to live in certain areas
- Restricted from visiting certain places
- Restricted from travelling to certain areas
For a consultation with a child pornography lawyer Redwood City CA provides, call The Morales Law Firm.