Fraud Lawyer San Francisco, CA
Our fraud lawyer San Francisco, CA, recommends should be one of your first calls if you face fraud charges. At The Morales Law Firm, we have defended those in need of legal representation when up against serious charges. Know that if convicted, you stand to face severe penalties, which is a primary reason it’s crucial to take the proper steps following an arrest for fraud. Know that several defense options may assist with mitigating charges or getting them dropped altogether. Our team will work tirelessly to receive the outcomes our clients require during what is sure to be a challenging time.
Fraud is a deliberate act aimed to deceive a person or entity of money or property. Facing charges of such a crime can be severe, warranting assistance from a legal professional. Fraud can take on a variety of forms, including:
- Writing Bad Checks
- Infringement of Intellectual Property
- Ponzi Schemes
- Insurance Fraud
- Credit Card Fraud
- Insider Trading
- Identify Theft
When someone gains money or property through misrepresentation, the consequences might include:
- Prison Sentence
- Permanent Criminal Record
- Difficulty Obtaining Employment
- Legal Fees
- Social Stigma
Such steep consequences call for the assistance of our San Francisco, California fraud lawyer. While penalties vary depending upon the crime, having a professional who can help put your best foot forward will be critical to a favorable outcome.
Following an Arrest
If you have been arrested, there are two things to keep in mind: you have a right to remain silent and a right to have a lawyer present during questioning. An arrest is severe and likely means that law enforcement believes you have committed a crime. While you may want to plead your innocence, it’s crucial that you not argue and immediately exercise your Miranda Rights. Meaning, do not answer any questions posed by law enforcement and ask to speak with your lawyer as soon as possible. Know that speaking to police without a lawyer present can potentially damage your case as you may inadvertently incriminate yourself or make matters worse. Asking for a lawyer doesn’t mean that you are guilty; it simply provides the opportunity to have your rights protected from the very start.
Possible Defense Options
There are defense options available for prospective clients who have been charged with fraud. Know that while it may be tempting to manage your case without a lawyer, our experience can ensure that your defense is properly strategized. Possible defenses could include:
- Entrapment: If you were forced or compelled by another and felt as though you had no choice, your attorney can work to provide evidence that proves you were forced to commit a crime that you would not otherwise have committed.
- Intent: Prosecution will work to prove that you had the intent to conduct fraud against the victims. They will work to provide evidence that proves you willfully engaged in this criminal activity. Our team will work to prove that you did not have the intention of committing fraud.
- Lack of Evidence: When a case has been brought against a defendant, they must be able to present evidence that proves you are guilty of fraud. Our team will prove that there is not enough evidence available to convict the defendant of a crime.
We Work Tirelessly to Get Results for Our Clients
Do not wait until it’s too late to seek help for fraud charges; take immediate action by contacting The Morales Law Firm. The sooner you reach out to our firm, the best opportunity you have to receive an outcome in your favor. Do not delay in reaching out to our experienced San Francisco, California fraud lawyer to get started.