Your Rights in a Theft Case
If you have recently been charged with theft, it is key to your case that you seek the counsel of a theft lawyer San Francisco CA offers from The Morales Law Firm to protect your rights. A conviction for theft can result in large fines and jail time, especially if you do not have a San Francisco theft lawyer by your side. Christopher F. Morales of The Morales Law Firm has protected the rights of clients since 1991. Depending on your situation, he may be able to get your charges reduced or even dropped. Call us today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with Christopher F. Morales.
Theft cases may involve any number of the following charges:
- Embezzlement: transferring funds from one name into another, which prevents a rightful party access to the finances.
- Credit Card Fraud: the illegal use of another party’s credit or debit card account.
- Identity Theft: stealing a person’s name, information or identification.
- Grand Theft: taking another person’s property which totals a higher value.
- Petty Theft: stealing items that total a lower value.
- Shoplifting: stealing in a shop or retail store while acting like a customer.
- Larceny: to intentionally take away and permanently deprive an owner of their rightful property.
- Burglary: breaking and entering a home that is not yours with intent to commit a crime.
- Mislaid Property: sustaining property you filed as lost or mislaid.
- False Pretenses: inaccurate representations with an obvious intent to defraud.
By hiring a theft lawyer San Francisco CA locals recommend from The Morales Law Firm, you can rest easier knowing you are in good hands. Criminal charges for theft have various classifications, and each has its own legal standards to establish guilt. With a thorough understanding of criminal laws, Christopher F. Morales of The Morales Law Firm can examine your case and develop a solid defense strategy.
How can a theft lawyer San Francisco CA offers actually help me?
If you were charged with theft, you might be wondering if you should hire a theft lawyer in San Francisco. Based on your income level, you may not qualify for free public defender assistance. If you feel confident that you can prove your innocence in court, you might be tempted to represent yourself. The fact is, even lawyers very rarely represent themselves. This is because it is very difficult to do so successfully. One of the many reasons is that it’s almost impossible to think objectively when one is faced with jail time and the destruction of one’s personal and professional reputation. If you have been charged with theft, contact us at The Morales Law Firm. We will be happy to arrange a free consultation with a theft lawyer in San Francisco from our legal team. He or she can explain exactly how they may be able to help you after they review your case.
Here are some of the reasons why it can be advantageous to work with a theft lawyer in San Francisco from The Morales Law Firm:
A theft lawyer in San Francisco CA from The Morales Law Firm can enter into plea bargaining with the prosecutor. This is a negotiation process that often results in lesser charges. Under certain circumstances, your lawyer may be able to get the charges dropped altogether. Some of the factors that the prosecutor may consider when deciding whether or not to agree to a reduction of charges or drop them, might include:
- Whether or not you have a criminal history. If you have been convicted of previous crimes, the nature and severity of those crimes will also be considered. If you were convicted of the same crime for which you are once again charged, there is less likelihood that it will be dismissed.
- Whether or not you are considered a member of the community in good standing. If you perform a substantial amount of volunteer work, have a good job, and there are respected people who will vouch for your character, then a theft lawyer in San Francisco CA from our firm might use this as an argument that you made a mistake but should not be severely punished.
- Whether or not there is a sold case against you. After a review of the circumstances that surround the crime for which you are charged, your theft lawyer in San Francisco CA from The Morales Law Firm will make every effort to build a strong defense case. Should you decide to plead not guilty, your attorney may reveal to the prosecutor the evidence that shows you are innocent. The prosecutor may then decide that taking your case to trial is not worth the time, effort, and money and so will come to a plea agreement with your lawyer. It’s also possible that they will drop the charges.
Guidance You Can Trust
If you were charged with theft, you may be unsure of your future and scared as a result. If this is the first time you have ever been charged with a crime, you’re probably unfamiliar with the judicial system. It can be difficult to make the right decisions when you don’t understand the potential repercussions. We can help you make the choices that will offer the best chances for a successful outcome. Call us at The Morales Law Firm to speak with a respected theft lawyer San Francisco CA residents turn to for help.
Christopher F. Morales of The Morales Law Firm is a theft lawyer in San Francisco CA with a solid reputation and a long history of successful representation. He has the necessary experience, training, and knowledge to resolve your case with the best possible outcome. A theft lawyer San Francisco CA residents choose from The Morales Law Firm can evaluate and scrutinize evidence about what actually occurred and bring to light the details that may result in a dismissal of your charges.
Legal Representation You Can Count On
You can choose to have a public defender represent you, but more often than not they are overworked and unable to provide clients the attention their case needs. This can result in you receiving a conviction on all charges and with the maximum penalties allowable by law. When you hire a theft lawyer San Francisco CA defendants turn to from The Morales Law Firm, you can feel confident that every available resource will be focused on defending you. Call us today at 415-418-7420 for a free consultation with a respected theft lawyer San Francisco CA community members trust from The Morales Law Firm.