DUI Conviction Lawyer San Francisco, CA
Rarely is a DUI case hopeless which is why you should talk with a leading DUI conviction lawyer San Francisco, CA drivers have counted on for years. As our firm might explain to you, roadside investigations are often bungled. Breathalyzer tests are known to have errors and medical conditions can render false positive readings. Any good lawyer knows this and often has the ability of capitalizing on these defenses in order to win a case.
You might feel as if the evidence against you is insurmountable; thus, should plead guilty and move on. As a DUI lawyer San Francisco, CA offers might tell you, this is not necessarily true. A law firm, such as The Morales Law Firm, could very well beat San Francisco DUI charges for you.
Fighting your DUI charges could make more sense that pleading guilty. For instance, are you aware of the following:
- There are at least 100 different substances, medical conditions, and equipment errors that can cause false readings on breathalyzers.
- A blood test is also prone to errors. When clients are retested at independent labs, it is common for different results to be produced.
- Police officers must follow strict procedures, and many of them fail to do so.
No matter what the circumstances might be, or what happened, our San Francisco, California DUI conviction lawyers may be able to:
- Visit the location of the DUI and arrest
- Review the arresting officers’ training, background, and complaint record
- Reassess any blood samples
- Examine the records and history of the breathalyzers’ maintenance
- Cross-examine the officers at hearings
- Deconstruct the case to look for errors
If you have already been charged with a DUI, and would like to appeal the conviction, please call our law firm now. On the other hand, if you are trying to prevent a conviction, we would encourage you to call us as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more you risk.
Dealing with the DMV
In California you must notify the DMV within 10 days of your arrest. Once you notify them, you will need to request a hearing. If you miss this short period of time, you generally forfeit your right to a hearing. Your license is then suspended after the 30-day mark. A DUI conviction lawyer in San Francisco can request this hearing for you. The benefit of this is that he or she may be able to schedule the hearing further out so as to allow more time to prepare and build your case. A lawyer can then attend this hearing for you on your behalf with the goal of convincing the DMV not to cancel your license.
Fight Your DUI Charges
The worst impact that a DUI conviction might have is the long term consequences which will typically include a criminal record and a poor driving record. It may be possible to avoid one or both. Call a DUI conviction lawyer in San Francisco, California today.