Criminal Defense Attorney San Mateo County, CA
When faced with criminal charges, a criminal defense attorney San Mateo County, CA residents rely on can provide you with the legal representation and support you require to navigate the legal field. It can be complicated to represent yourself in the courtroom. This is especially true for someone with no legal experience. An experienced criminal defense attorney serving San Mateo County, CA at The Morales Law Firm is well versed in this area of practice and can help you make sense of the legal process and the charges being brought against you.
The Benefit of an Attorney
A criminal defense attorney in San Mateo County, CA will likely have knowledge of the climate of the courtroom and the judge presiding over your case. This can work to your benefit, as an attorney will have an understanding of the judge’s preferences and the climate of the courtroom. A good attorney may be able to help:
- Obtain a lesser charge
- Review your case and determine if your case can be dismissed
- Legally strategize your defense
- Help ensure that you do not do anything that further incriminates you
- Offer a team of professionals that can help in representing you
- Can help move cases along in an efficient manner
- Clarify the process for you and listen to your fears and needs
It is not recommended that a person accused of a crime represent themselves in the courtroom. You should seriously consider contacting a criminal defense attorney for San Mateo County, CA to represent you. Although criminal law may appear straightforward, there are a number of nuances. Someone untrained in this area of practice may find themselves in over their heads very quickly. The portrayal of litigation on television may make it appear to be a pretty straightforward process, however, real life courtrooms have a number of variations. Representing yourself can work against you in many respects:
- Judges do not have the time or patience to wait for you to figure the process out. Courtrooms are overloaded with criminal cases; a judge is likely to have a number of cases that they oversee. As a result, they will not take kindly to someone who does not understand the legal process or the courtroom.
- You could work against yourself. When representing yourself you are far more likely to miss paperwork deadlines and have your case pushed back in court. You will not have the “in” that attorneys do, which could draw out the court process.
- Many people who represent themselves are unsuccessful in doing so. By obtaining an attorney from the start, you have a better chance at a favorable outcome.
Additionally, if you have information about other illegal activity others are involved in, you may also want to hire a San Mateo County, CA criminal defense attorney.\
Finding the Right Defense Attorney
Putting forth the time and effort to search for the right attorney will make all the difference. Representing yourself is likely be a regrettable decision. Be sure to:
- Research attorneys in your area
- Ask people you know who may have had an attorney in the past
- Choose an attorney who is well versed in criminal defense
- Take the time to interview an attorney before you hire them
- Ask for references from past clients
Criminal accusations can leave a lasting impact on the defendant for years to come. Overcoming the stigma of a criminal charge and rebuilding trust within your social circles (both personal and professional) can take time. By choosing The Morales Law Firm today, who is experienced in criminal law, you will be able to let them take the lead in the courtroom. This can give people accused of crimes a sense of relief and help them feel protected throughout a process that can be emotionally taxing, so call a criminal defense attorney San Mateo County, CA trusts today!