How can an expungement attorney Redwood City CA offers help me?
Expungement is a procedure that releases a convict from the penalties and disabilities associated with their conviction. Not everyone is eligible, however. If you were convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony in California, you might be. An expungement attorney in Redwood City CA from The Morales Law Firm can review your case and let you know if it is possible for you. If it is, our legal team can expunge your record on your behalf.
Qualifications for Expungement
If you were convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony in California, and you also meet the following criteria, an expungement attorney in Redwood City CA from our firm may be able to help you:
- You completed the probation period assigned for your offense.
- You did not serve time in state prison for your offense, or
- You did serve time in state prison, but you would have served it in a county jail instead if the crime was committed after Proposition 47’s “realignment.”
The Value of Expungement
As mentioned, expungement releases someone convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor from all penalties associated with their conviction. In practical terms, one example of why this is important is that it prevents an employer from asking a potential employee about whether or not they have ever been convicted of a crime. This can be of tremendous advantage because otherwise, it can be very difficult to get a good job with a criminal conviction on one’s record. As an expungement attorney in Redwood City CA from The Morales Law Firm can tell you, this alone can be very valuable.
Who is not eligible for expungement?
An expungement attorney in Redwood City CA can provide you with more information, but if you can answer yes to any of the following questions then you may not be eligible:
- Are you currently charged with a crime?
- Are you on probable for a conviction?
- Are you currently serving a criminal sentence?
- Were you convicted of sex crimes against children?
How does expungement work?
There are several steps involved that an expungement attorney in Redwood City CA from The Morales Law Firm can oversee and guide you through. Here are the highlights:
- Your lawyer will review your case and circumstances to determine if you are eligible for expungement.
- Your lawyer will verify that all relevant laws and proposed legislation will not adversely affect your case.
- Your lawyer will file the expungement paperwork and make sure that all deadlines are met and prepare for the hearing that is required as part of the process.
- Your lawyer will attend the expungement on your behalf, making it unnecessary for you to attend if you do not wish to do so.
Call Us for Help
If you would like to know if you qualify for expungement, give our office a call. At The Morales Law Firm we offer a free consultation to anyone who would like to determine their eligibility. Our legal team understands the hardships of moving on after serving time for a criminal conviction and we would like to help you get your life back on track. Call us today to request a free and confidential consultation with an expungement attorney Redwood City CA residents turn to for help.