Truck accidents of all types cause some of the greatest devastations that are seen on the highways. Due to the size alone, large trucks can cause considerable property damage and inflict injury on a number of innocent victims. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Jackknife: When a big rig folds itself so that the cab forms a 90-degree angle with the trailer it is called jackknifing. This is normally caused when a driver breaks so hard and quickly that the weight of the trailer brings it forward against the traction of the cab.
- Truck Rollovers: If the driver loses control of a truck it can slide and roll over onto its side. This can take motorists with it easily and cause serious injuries.
- Tire Blowout: This can happen with any vehicle and it often forces the vehicle in uncontrollable directions. It can also cause serious damage to any vehicle around it when it happens. With a big truck, this can happen but it can also pose danger to other drivers if the trailer or cab is uncontrollable.
- Wide Turns: Trucks make wide turns and it is typically labeled on the back of the trailer for other drivers to know. If a driver doesn’t pay attention, on either side then it can cause a driver to become trapped or even a pedestrian to be trapped.
- Blind Spots: No matter the vehicle there are blind spots. Trucks have significant blond spots though and they are nicknamed No Man’s Land. When a truck driver can see other vehicles when changing lanes or turning it can put that vehicle in danger. It can cause a driver to be hit, crushed, or even forced off the road.
- Read Ending: Trucks take a longer time to break than your passenger vehicles. The weight behind them needs a longer time to slow down and when that can’t happen the smaller vehicle could easily be crushed and serious injuries can happen.
- Lost Load: When a load on a truck isn’t properly secured it can fall out causing extreme danger to those all around them.
Sadly truck accidents are a common occurrence and that can lead to many people needing a truck accident lawyer in San Francisco, CA. These big vehicles are important to our economy, carrying goods all across the nation to meet the demands of the growing population. They are essential to the way our society thrives but they are also a risk for people on the roads, especially when the truck drivers are negligent, trucks are left in disrepair, or company owners ignore ways to keep drivers safe.
If you have been in a truck accident it may be time to talk to a truck accident lawyer in San Francisco California, like the team at The Morales Law Firm.