Personal Injury Lawyer San Francisco, CA
A personal injury accident can be devastating, and if you are the victim, you need the help of a San Francisco, CA personal injury lawyer from The Morales Law Firm. An accident can come entirely out of nowhere and not only ruin your day, but it can cause you physical injuries that can last months or even years. A personal injury lawyer in San Francisco, California knows that a personal injury can be difficult to deal with, which is why we are here for you every step of the way. When someone else was irresponsible and negligent and they caused you to become injured, we want to help you get compensated for those injuries. To do this, we must prove that it was the defendant’s fault—not yours—that you got into this accident and that it caused your injuries. Below, we will discuss what we need to prove the other party is liable for your injuries and how this affects compensation. To set up an appointment with our office, please call now.
How do you determine legal liability?
This may sound like a difficult task, but it boils down to one thing: we must show that someone else’s carelessness—their negligence—caused the accident to happen. When someone is not acting reasonably careful and they caused an accident that is responsible for your injuries, they are responsible for paying at least some portion of the damages that you have suffered. A personal injury lawyer in San Francisco, CA knows there are a few ways that you can quickly determine liability once you have been injured.
- If you are on someone else’s property (and you are legally allowed to be there) but the property is poorly maintained and has dangerous areas, the owner of said property would be liable for your injuries because they did not properly maintain the property.
- If you were using a defective product, the seller or the manufacturer of the product would be liable if you became injured from using the product.
- If you were being careless on someone else’s property and you were not supposed to be on that property, you may be held responsible for your own injuries instead of the property owner. The property owner would not have a “duty” of being careful if they did not know you were there.
- If the owner of the property was careless and you were also careless, it is possible that you would only receive partial compensation for the injuries you sustained.
How does compensation work if you are partially responsible?
While it does depend on the state you are in, if you are partially responsible for the accident then it is likely you will receive part of the compensation. For example, if you are found to be 20% responsible for the accident and the other party is 80% responsible, you may find that out of 100% of the compensation, the total amount awarded to you is reduced by 20%.
Get Help From a Personal Injury Lawyer San Francisco Residents Rely On!
For more information on liability in a personal injury accident, please reach out to a San Francisco, CA personal injury lawyer from The Morales Law Firm now.