Criminal Defense Attorney San Francisco, CA
If you were recently arrested, it’s time to talk to a criminal defense attorney in San Francisco, CA. A criminal charge is a serious matter and should be taken seriously. A skilled lawyer can provide you with a strong defense and protect your rights.
Common Mistakes to Avoid After Getting Arrested
Getting arrested is no doubt a stressful event. You’re worried about the possibility of going to jail and having a permanent criminal record. However, it’s important to remain calm and realize that your actions will have a big impact on the outcome of your case. Here are some common mistakes you need to avoid after getting arrested.
- Resisting arrest. Even if you think you’re innocent of the crime you’re being accused of, you shouldn’t try to resist arrest. If you fight back or try to run away, it will just make the situation worse. Comply with the police officer’s instructions.
- Talking to the police. It’s important to be polite to the police when you’re being charged with a crime. However, that doesn’t mean you have to talk to them about your case. In fact, it’s in your best interest to stay silent. The police might tell you that they want to help you, but they are actually trying to gather evidence they can use against you. Just tell the police that you can’t talk to them without a criminal defense attorney in San Francisco, CA.
- Failing to hire the right attorney. When you are dealing with a criminal charge, you can’t just hire any lawyer. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney in San Francisco, CA who has experience handling your specific charge. For example, if you were pulled over for drunk driving, you should work with a lawyer who has represented defendants who have been charged with DUIs.
- Speaking about your case on social media. One of the last things you want to do is share details about your criminal charge on your Facebook and other social media sites. It may be used against you in court.
- Not being prepared for court. After you get arrested, you will have to attend a hearing in front of a judge. It is important to be prepared for this court date and make a good impression. Arrive at court on time and dress in your nicest clothes.
Schedule a consultation with a criminal defense attorney in San Francisco, CA today.