Murder: Is There a Successful Legal Defense Strategy?
If you were arrested for causing someone’s death, you might wonder if your criminal defense lawyer can get you exonerated based on a self-defense plea. At The Morales Law Firm we have over 25 years of combined experience representing the accused for all manner of crimes. Do not wait until after your arraignment to contact a murder lawyer in San Francisco CA. Call us today. After a brief consultation at no charge to you, we can assess your case. If we take your case, we can begin protecting your rights immediately.
Determination of the Facts
If you were accused of a crime that you did not commit, a murder lawyer from The Morales Law Firm can examine the facts. Depending on the circumstances of the case, this might include any or all of the following:
- Tracking down witnesses and recording their testimony about relevant events. Your criminal defense lawyer may take their testimonies during a deposition and may call on them in court if the case is not dismissed or plea bargained to a lesser charge.
- Taking photos of the crime scene and any physical items of note. For example, if you were accused of hiding behind a pillar lying in wait for the victim before you killed them, but there are no pillars at that location, your criminal defense lawyer will visually show that.
- Subjecting police evidence to an independent testing lab. If bodily fluids of any kind were left at the crime scene and were collect by the crime scene investigators, your murder lawyer in San Francisco CA may choose to submit them to a third party lab to verify that the police lab’s results were accurate.
- Verifying other physical evidence at the scene such as fingerprints, hair, DNA, etc. As much as is practical and possible, your criminal defense lawyer will independently verify the evidence to determine if it corroborates the prosecutor’s case or bolsters your version of what happened.
- Determining the factors that throw reasonable doubt into the prosecutor’s assertion that you are guilty of killing the victim. Perhaps you have an ironclad alibi during the time of the murder. Maybe your criminal defense lawyer calls on medical experts who will provide compelling testimony that you were not physically capable of overwhelming the victim and did not have the capacity to kill them in the manner in which they died.
When possible, your San Francisco CA murder lawyer may encourage you to accept a plea bargain. In exchange for avoiding a lengthy prison sentence, it may be in your best interests to accept a lesser charge. This can be true even in cases where the accused did absolutely nothing. This is because of how our justice system sometimes works. It isn’t fair to the accused, and we will make every effort to get your charges dismissed if possible.
Dismissal of the Charges
When possible, your criminal defense lawyer will work to convince the prosecutor that it’s a waste of their office’s resources to continue pursuing a case against you. This can sometimes be accomplished when your defense case shows without any doubt that you could not possibly have killed the victim.
Call Our Office Immediately
If you were charged with the crime of murder, do not delay in getting legal representation. Call The Morales Law Firm today for a free consultation to learn how a murder lawyer San Francisco CA residents depend on may be able to help you.